How to make Nuts & Wheat Ladoo
Also known as Atte ka Ladoo in Hindi (can also be made without nuts) is a simple Indian sweet made with basic ingredients from our pantry. A great after workout snack or a health-boosting dessert alternative. They make great homemade treats instead of store-bought processed snacks. These delicious balls are jam-packed with flavor and nutrients. These ladoos being high in calories are great for kids to keep their energy levels up any time of the day.
Ingredients for about 40 ladoos:
whole wheat flour - 3 cups
Cashew nuts - 1/2 cup
Pistachios - 1/4 cup
Almonds - 1/4 cup
(superfine) Sugar - 2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tbsp
melted ghee - as needed to make ladoos
- Dry roast all nuts in low flame for 2-3 minutes, until the raw smell disappears. Let it cool down & powder them finely and set aside.
- Dry roast the wheat flour on low heat until it loses its raw flavor and smells aromatic.
- If your sugar is not super fine, you may powder it before adding it to the flour.
- Add the powdered nuts, sugar, cardamom powder to the roasted flour, and mix it well. Melt ghee on low flame & keep it warm, until you finish making all ladoos.
- Take a small batch of the flour mix, pour a ladle full of hot ghee, stir & make balls using your hand. Repeat the process until all of the flour has been turned into ladoos.
- Store in air-tight container & enjoy with your family & friends.
Sharing my mom's recipe from my recipe diary with my friends at CCC #59 Oct Week 4.