How to make Avocado-Carrot Savory Muffins
When my friend asked me about different ways she could use Avocados, apart from the usual ones we already know; the first thing that popped into my head was a muffin with Avocados. If you are tired of sweet breakfast muffins, then you should try this healthy savory muffins that are great for breakfast, picnic, a snack or even for dinner with a soup & salad. With absolutely no butter or alternative used, this is light & healthy for everyone. You can play around with the ingredients, according to your taste & you will still end up with a great muffin. Works well in your kid's lunch box as a healthy option to keep them nourished.
3/4 cup flour (Multi-grain or all purpose flour)
1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
1/2 Tsp. Cumin powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking soda
1/4 - 1/2 Tsp. Paprika
1/8 cup - Flax seed / sunflower seeds/ chopped nuts
1/8 Tsp. Grated Nutmeg (Optional)
Salt - as needed
1 serving cup of Unsweetened Apple sauce (100 gm)
2 carrots - grated/chopped fine
1/2 an Avocado - mashed
1 egg - at room temp
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line muffin cups with paper baking cups or grease generously.
- Mix the first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in Apple sauce, Carrots & Avocado.
- Whisk the egg in a bowl & mix gently with the batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared cups until 3/4th full.
- Bake until they are golden brown & slightly firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes & serve warm for breakfast or snack.
Sharing these yummy muffins to Srivalli's Cakes Mela & Kids Lunchbox Recipes Event on Indus Ladies.