How to make Lentil / Daal Soup
Seasoned with salt & pepper, hot soups make excellent starters. A simple soup can fill your heart & soul during cold weather. Go ahead & try this golden yellow soup, made with the most common ingredients, from your pantry and you got yourself a comfort food, although you didn't have to spend hours, in the kitchen.
Masoor Daal - 1/2 Cup
2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped
1/2 an Onion, roughly chopped
4 no:s of dried Cloves(Laung in Hindi, Krambu in Tamil)
1/8 Tsp Turmeric powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
Water - 1 Cup (or more for a thinner consistency)
- Pressure cook Masoor daal, Onion, Tomatoes & cloves together with a cup of water for 4-5 whistles (or 15-20 mins).
- Allow it to cool off & fish out the cloves & discard.
- Pass it through a soup strainer or use a hand held blender & blend it you get the desired consistency.
- Add Turmeric powder (& water if required) and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Season with Salt, Pepper & serve hot.
Sending this simple & hearty soup from THE HINDU to SriValli's CCChallenge #15.