How to make Boondhi Payasam/Kheer
We have all tasted the delectable Laddoos; Boondhi Laddoo, Motichoor Laddoo and the heavenly, Tirupathi Laddoos. No matter which ones you have on hand, you can whip up this Dessert/Prasadham in no time. I decided to make this wonderful Payasam, for Krishna Jayanthi this year after hearing about it from Mami (my MIL). Luckily I had Laddoos, on hand & the rest of it was a breeze.
Milk - 2 cups
Evaporated milk(12 oz) - 2 cups
Sugar 1/2 cups
Crumbled Laddoos - 1 cup
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Cashew nuts - a few
Raisins - a few
Ghee - 1 tbsp.
- Mix both the milk & heat until it starts to boil. Add the sugar & cardamom powder & stir on low flame.
- Meanwhile heat the ghee, fry the cashew nuts until they are golden & the raisins until plump.
- Finally add the crumbled Laddoos ,followed by Cashew nuts & Raisins.
- Serve warm or cold, as desired.
- You could also use the unsalted crispy boondhi available in stores.