How to make Coconut Macaroons (six ingredients only)
If you are looking to bake something sweet, in under thirty minutes, you gotta try these chewy macaroons. With just six ingredients, you can whip this baby up in no time & make your friends & family happy. You don't even need to beat the egg whites for these macaroons. Although I'm not a fan of coconut sweets, I thought I would bake these for my in laws & hubby; that's why I chose to add no frills (check notes below) to these beauties. I knew, I had to eat at least one, to write about it, but to my surprise, I had gobbled up a couple of these, as soon they came out of the oven. The whole house was smelling divine from these coconut delights - who could resist that ? I am sharing this simple, yet delicious recipe, I found at the back of Baker's sweetened coconut flakes pack, with my friends over at CCChallenge.
Easy mix - Easy bake - Easy serve - Easily gone!!
Ingredients for about 15 Coconut Macaroons:Sweetened coconut flakes - 1 cup densely packed
Flour - 1.5 Tbsp
Sugar- 2.5 Tbsp
Salt- a pinch
Vanilla extract - 1/4 Tsp
1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, mix in coconut flakes, sugar, salt & flour together in a bowl.
- Stir in the vanilla extract & egg white, until well blended. (Note - The mixture will be sticky & not runny as a batter)
- Use a spoon & a fork, scoop and drop the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet in 2 inch drops. If you don't mind messing your fingers, you can roll them into small balls & place them on the baking sheet too.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are brown. Remove immediately & cool completely on a wire rack & devour your sweet & chewy coconut macaroons.
- If you like, you can drizzle some melted chocolate on top or dip half of these macaroons in chocolate & let it dry before serving.
- Or, go ahead and hide a whole nut or a chocolate chip in the center of the macaroons before baking, for a tasty surprise.
- Place the cooled coconut macaroons in an air-tight container.Keep the container of coconut macaroons for up to one week at room temperature.
- For long-term storage, wrap the individual coconut macaroons tightly in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe, air-tight container. These can stay for at least three months in the freezer.