How to make Aaloo Gobhi (Spiced Potatoes & Cauliflower)
This simple combination of Potatoes, Cauliflower & a tasty blend of spices is a traditional North Indian accompaniment. Although this is not a gravy, it is aptly moist to accompany any variety of Roti or Rice. Very little oil is used in the making of this dish, hence making this a healthy option for people of all age groups.
Ingredients:1 Medium Cauliflower - separated into florets
2 Medium Potatoes - cubed into large chunks
1 Onion - chopped
1 Tomato - chopped
Ginger finely chopped - 2 Tbsp
Sliced Garlic - 2 Tbsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 Tbsp
Cumin Powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
Chilli powder - 1/2 Tsp
Oil - 2 Tsp
Salt to taste
Kasuri Methi - 1/2 tsp
Aamchur powder - 1/4 Tsp (if desired)
For Garnishing:Chopped Coriander leaves
Slit green chillies - if desired
- Heat a Pan with oil & add the cumin seeds once the oil is hot. Once the seeds splutter, add the Onions & Garlic - saute until light brown. Now add the chopped ginger & Potatoes - saute.
- When the potatoes start browning, add tomatoes, all of the powders & salt.
- Mix well & add the Cauliflower florets along with some water. Cover & cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or so checking in between.
- Once the vegetables are cooked tender, add crushed Kasuri Methi, turn off the heat & garnish.
- Serve hot with Roti or Rice.