May 20, 2013

Strawberry Spinach Salad

How to make Strawberry Spinach Salad


             I like salads, but my better half does not care for it. That's a hurdle I come across every time, I want to order a salad; because he wouldn't share it with me. When I decided to make my own salad, at home. Hubby dear, was interested and lingering around; to see what I was going to whip up, with the Strawberries & Almonds, until; I brought the Spinach out of the refrigerator and then - Poof!! Magically, he had disappeared from the kitchen. 

          Plump, ripe strawberries; fresh, crisp spinach and toasted almonds along with the sweet balsamic vinaigrette makes this a crunchy, sweet and tangy salad.



Strawberry Spinach Salad

     

Ingredients for one side salad

1 cup loosely packed baby Spinach - sorted, washed & dry
1 or 2 large Strawberries - washed & sliced
1 Tbsp chopped Onion
1/4 Tbsp Sweet balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Crushed sea salt - to taste
Crushed black pepper- to taste
1 Tbsp Toasted slivered Almonds/ Walnuts


  • In a bowl, take the spinach, sliced strawberries, chopped onion; add salt & pepper to it.
  • Add the dressing (and toss, if you like) and top it with the toasted almonds & serve.

Tips:

  • If making for a party/group, serve the dressing separately. 
  • You could also add your favorite cheese to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...