How to make easy Berry Ice-Cream
I can hear some of your mind voices going "Ice-Cream, in this kind of weather!!" :) There are 2 kinds are people I know; people like myself, who relate ice-creams to classic Summers, when the mercury is soaring & the Sun is shining bright. And then; there are people, like my older son who loves to lick up an ice-cream, even if the Polar Vortex is going around freezing everything in it's path, including the awe-inspiring Niagara falls. The record-breaking chill last week was so frigid, it literally stopped Niagara Falls in its tracks. On the day, when the sub-zero temperatures were breaking records - I asked him how his early morning walk to the bus stop was & he simply replies "Good!". What else can i say... So, here goes - a very quick & easy recipe with just three ingredients to make your loved ones, something they will like with no added color, preservatives or high fructose corn syrup etc. Just simple, fruity, all-natural & delicious Ice-Cream.
1.5 cups frozen Berries
5 Tbsp powdered Sugar
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
- Place the Berries in the food processor & pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Add powdered Sugar; process in pulsing action until smooth. Add Cream & process until creamy.
- Serve immediately, if you want a softy or freeze for an hour & devour.
- You can use Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries or a combination of berries, like i did.
- If your berries are more tart, increase the Sugar accordingly.
- You can add some Vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
This recipe is adapted from the 'Incredibly Easy Desserts' book and am sending the Very Easy Berry ice-Cream to Srivalli's CCChallenge #4 week 2.